Year of publication
- 2006 (5) (remove)
- Lehrstuhl für Betriebswirtschaftslehre, insbesondere Banking und Finanzcontrolling (5) (remove)
- Pricing Turbo Certificates in the Presence of Stochastic Jumps, Interest Rates and Volatility (2006)
- Where should you buy your options? : the pricing of exchange-traded certificates and OTC derivatives in Germany (2006)
- Where Should You Buy Your Options? : The Pricing of Exchange-Traded Certificates and OTC Derivatives in Germany (2006)
- With the expansion of electronic exchanges and the nearly universal access to the Internet, it has become possible for retail investors to buy and sell exchange-traded derivative contracts from their desktops. In Europe this ability has even been extended to allow small investors to purchase over-the-counter exotic option contracts through the Internet. In this article, Muck analyzes the pricing of a variety of web-traded exotic instruments, available in this „market.” As one would expect, the contracts are overpriced on average, relative to theoretical valuations based on exchange-traded options on the same underlying DAX index. A second hypothesis, that overpricing diminishes as the contracts approach maturity receives a little less support.