- Lehrstuhl für Allgemeine Psychologie (333) (entfernen)
- Changing perspective: From Avoiding harm to child's best interests : a comment on Sharkey and Sharkey. The crying shame of robot nannies : an ethical appraisal (2010)
- Empathic virtual agents (2003)
- Empathie und Börse. Vortrag auf der Tagung experimentell arbeitender Psychologen, 4.-7. April, Gießen, Deutschland (2004)
- A Questionnaire to Assess Affective and Cognitive Empathy in Children (2010)
- Empathy measures that involve both cognitive and affective aspects of empathy are scarce. The aim of the work presented in this paper was to develop an instrument for the assessment of both aspects of dispositional empathy in children aged eight to fourteen, based on a variety of existing measures and results from the validation of a first preliminary version.
- Caring for agents and agents that care: Building empathic realations with synthetic characters (2004)
- What´s wrong with an artfake? Cognitive and emotional variables influenced by authenticity information of artworks. (2014)
- What’s wrong with art fakes? We tested effects of art “forgery” on aesthetic appreciation and the quality of paintings in a multidimensional manner comprising cognitive and emotional variables: When naïve participants were exposed to replicas of works by renowned artists, information about the alleged authenticity status had a major effect on the perceived quality of the painting, and even on artist-associated values such as artist talent. All these variables were negatively influenced when depictions were labeled as copies compared to identical ones labeled as originals. Our findings show the importance of symbolic and personal values as modulators in art appreciation.