- A literature-based definition and differentiation of the terms ´self-initiated expatriate`, ´assigned expatriate` and ´migrant` (2012)
- A Taxonomy of Global Careers: Comparing global careerists to other international (and national) managers (2010)
- A taxonomy of global careers: Identifying different types of international managers. (2014)
- Research on expatriates indicates that substantial differences exist within internationally active employees. Several typologies of expatriates have been suggested to account for this diverseness. However, empirical evidence on the accuracy of these classification schemes is scarce. Based on these research efforts, we introduce a data-based taxonomy of internationally mobile managers. By means of sequence analysis we derive four career patterns from the curriculi vitae of 202 German managers. These patterns are built on the dimensions mobility and duration of the stays abroad. We further show that these patterns differ with regard to various individual and organizational variables. Based on these findings, we argue that expatriation career management practices and responsibilities need to be differentiated.
- Addressing international mobility confusion – Developing definitions and differentiations for self-initiated & assigned expatriates as well as migrants (2014)
- Arbeitstechniken der Personalplanung : Studienbrief für das Fernstudium Personalentwicklung der TU Kaiserslautern (2008)
- Bildungsbedarfsanalyse : Studienbrief für das Fernstudium Personalentwicklung der TU Kaiserslautern (2008)
- Career Concepts of Self-Initiated and Assigned Expatriates: A Theoretical Analysis Based on Coupling and Configuration (2012)