Bayreuther Arbeitspapiere zur Wirtschaftsinformatik
- English (21) (remove)
- Grid Computing (21) (remove)
- Multiple Criteria Decision Making in Application Layer Networks (2008)
- This work is concerned with the conduct of MCDM by intelligent agents trading commodities in ALNs. These agents consider trustworthiness in their course of negotiation and select offers with respect to product price and seller reputation.
- Grid Computing in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises: An Exploratory Study of Corporate Attitudes towards Economic and Security-Related Issues (2008)
- As Grid computing commenced in the scientific sector, it slowly enters the commercial environment. Although it proposes interesting features for horizontal integration of hardware and resource sharing, businesses slowly implement Intragrids in their companies. Open Grid markets are yet not deployed.
- A Scalability Analysis of Grid allocation Mechanisms (2008)
- This article examines the broker´s behavior with regard to a varying number of participating nodes and shows that incremental losses have to be accepted in central resource allocation when introducing new nodes.
- CATNETS Final Activity Report (2007)
- This paper presents the final activity report of the CATNETS project. It summarizes the project objectives, the contractors involved, the work performed and the final results. A description of the dissemination activities concludes the report.
- Performance Evaluation - Annual Report Year 3 (2007)
- This report describes the work done and results obtained in third year of the CATNETS project. Experiments carried out with the different configurations of the prototype are reported and simulation results are evaluated with the CATNETS metrics framework. The applicability of the Catallactic approach as market model for service and resource allocation in application layer networks is assessed based on the results and experience gained both from the prototype development and simulations.
- Proof-of-Concept Application - Annual Report Year 3 (2007)
- In this report the progress of developing the proof-of-concept application in the CATNETS project is presented. Hence the development of the necessary performance measuring components as well as a distributed application to execute on economic-enhanced Grid/P2P platforms and middleware integration are described.
- Simulator Development - Annual Report Year 3 (2007)
- This document describes the progress of the simulator development with in the third year of the CATNETS project. The refinement of the simulator as well as a detailed guide to conducting simulations is presented.
- A Policy Framework including Trust and Reputation in Grid Environments (2007)
- This paper examines the role of policies in different grid environments. A Grid technology becomes standardized and stable, various business models are envented and increasingly applied, and economic implications can be observed.Asymmetrically distributed information may allow for opportunistic behaviour of service providers or users who exploit the information gap between providers and consumers on the quality of services.
- A Theoretical and Computational Basis for CATNETS (2006)
- The main content of this report is the identification and definition of market mechanisms for Application Layer Networks (ALNs). On basis of the structured Market Engineering process, the work comprises the identification of requirements which adequate market mechanisms for ALNs have to fulfill. Subsequently, two mechanisms for each, the centralized and the decentralized case are described in this document. These build the theoretical foundation for the work within the following two years of the CATNETS project.
- Performance Evaluation - Annual Report Year 2 (2006)
- In this paper a performance measuring infrastructure,developed for the prototype and simulator, concering the experiment configuration, data measurement, and data collection, is presented. A corresponding performance evaluation framework is defined to obtain the metrics from the measured data. Initial experiments were carried out to test the developed prototype, simulator and the performance measuring infrastructure.