Bayreuther Arbeitspapiere zur Wirtschaftsinformatik
- English (2) (remove)
- Electronic Commerce (2) (remove)
- The BabelNEG System - A Protocol-generic Infrastructure for Electronic SLA Negotiations in the Internet of Services (2011)
- Visions of the next-generation Internet of Services are driven by digital resources traded on a global scope. For the resulting economic setting, automated on-line techniques for handling services and resources themselves, for advertising and discovering as well as for the on-the-fly negotiation of proper terms for their use are needed. Hence, a flexible infrastructure for the respective management of services and associated service level agreements is mandatory. This thesis presents the results of my dissertation project. They comprise a service infrastructure, able to support the structured discovery and protocol-generic negotiation of electronic service level agreements (SLAs) and thus services themselves.
- A Survey on Reputation Systems for Artificial Societies (2009)
- The Internet has caused a revolution in trading. Especially cheap items are now easy to buy and sell on the Internet. As a consequence, sellers nowadays offer a wide range of products on the web, creating an abundance of choice for consumers. Consumers have the opportunity to browse on different auction sites for the item they really want. Along with this success story, however, came the stories of people being cheated by fraudulent online sellers. These frauds cover a range from not delivering what has been promised, the overrating of a product´s condition, to deliberate acts of theft. They are a result of so-called asymmetric information. Trust and reputation mechanisms are intended to address this asymmetric information distribution. This article surveys the most common trust and reputation systems.