- Report (14) (remove)
- Grid Computing (14) (remove)
- Theoretical and Computational Basis for CATNETS - Annual Report Year 2 (2006)
- In this work the self-organising potential of the CATNETS allocation mechanism is described to provide a more comprehensive view on the research done in this project. The formal description of either the centralised and decentralised approach is presented. Furthermore the agents’ bidding model is described and a comprehensive overview on how the catallactic mechanism is incorporated into the middleware and simulator environments is given.
- Simulator Development - Annual Report Year 2 (2006)
- In this paper the simulation environment for the CATNETS project is defined further. The chosen simulator is adopted in terms of new features an architecture changes in order to provide a valid simulation environment for Application Layer Network scenarios. Furthermore the requirements for a scenario generator and the needed configuration mechanisms for the actual simulation runs are introduced.
- Performance Evaluation - Annual Report Year 2 (2006)
- In this paper a performance measuring infrastructure,developed for the prototype and simulator, concering the experiment configuration, data measurement, and data collection, is presented. A corresponding performance evaluation framework is defined to obtain the metrics from the measured data. Initial experiments were carried out to test the developed prototype, simulator and the performance measuring infrastructure.
- Analysis of Simulation Environment (2005)
- In this paper the requirements for an ALN simulation environment are analysed, as needed in the CATNETS Project. A number of grid and general purpose simulators are evaluated regarding the identified requirements for simulating economical resource allocation mechanisms in ALNs. Subsequently a suitable simulator is chosen for usage in the CATNETS project.
- Proof-of-Concept Application - Annual Report Year 1 (2005)
- In this document the Cat-COVITE Application for use in the CATNETS Project is introduced and motivated. Furthermore an introduction to the catallactic middleware and Web Services Agreement (WS-Agreement) concepts is given as a basis for the future work. Requirements for the application of Cat-COVITE with in catallactic systems are analysed. Finally the integration of the Cat-COVITE application and the catallactic middleware is described.
- Evaluation and Metrics Framework (2005)
- In this paper a metrics framework for evaluating different scenarios in the CATNETS project is defined. The aim is to use this framework to compare the catallactic scenario against the central auctioneer.
- Theoretical and Computational Basis for Economical Ressource Allocation in Application Layer Networks -Annual Report Year 1 (2005)
- This paper identifies and defines suitable market mechanisms for Application Layer Networks (ALNs). On basis of the structured Market Engineering process, the work comprises the identification of requirements which adequate market mechanisms for ALNs have to fulfill. Subsequently, two mechanisms for each, the centralized and the decentralized case are described in this document.5
- Simulator Development - Annual Report Year 3 (2007)
- This document describes the progress of the simulator development with in the third year of the CATNETS project. The refinement of the simulator as well as a detailed guide to conducting simulations is presented.
- Performance Evaluation - Annual Report Year 3 (2007)
- This report describes the work done and results obtained in third year of the CATNETS project. Experiments carried out with the different configurations of the prototype are reported and simulation results are evaluated with the CATNETS metrics framework. The applicability of the Catallactic approach as market model for service and resource allocation in application layer networks is assessed based on the results and experience gained both from the prototype development and simulations.