What do I have to ensure when publishing a dissertation / habilitation?
If you would like to publish a dissertation or habilitation on the OPUS-server of the University of Bayreuth there are a few things to be observed:
Your work is registered via the menu „publish“. In addition to the pdf-document the original document format in which the work was written is also required. This file is not shown publically and is needed for secure storage. If your publication has additional files such as programs, video sequences, audio data and similar, these must also be uploaded in a compressed zip-format.
Attention: dissertations may not be published before the oral examination has been passed and the printing permission was granted!
The university library will also need the following for the disclosure requirement to be fulfilled:
- the printing permission (faculty of biology, chemistry, geoscience), the interim response (faculty for mathematics, physics and informatics and faculty for applied science), the permission of reproduction (faculty for language and literature science and faculty of cultural studies) (each only for viewing)
- 6 printed versions (the form of the editions depends on the graduation regulations, 5 for the library and 1 for the dean’s office)
- faculty of law and economics: 15 printed issues (9 for the library and 6 for the dean’s office).
- faculty of biology, chemistry and geoscience: 3 printed issues for the library and 1 electronic version for the dean’s office.
- “Bayreuther Graduiertenschule für Mathematik und Naturwissenschaften(BayNAT)“: : 3 printed issues for the library and 1 electronic version for the dean’s office.
- BIGSAS: 5 printed issues for the library and 10 for BIGSAS
- Faculty of Cultural Studies: 3 for the library, the deanery doesn't need any copy.
- Faculty of Language and Literature Studies: 3 for the library, the deanery doesn't need any copy.
- 1 CD-ROM, which should contain 3 files: 1 PDF-file, 1 originaldocument and 1 file with the published metadata.
- the signed publication contract. You can print this contract when filling out the online publication form.
Please be advised that the pdf-version must correspond to the audited printed version. Therefore you should use the pdf-version as the source for your printed versions. This guarantees a corresponding format of both versions.
If you have written a cumulative dissertation and have further questions please contact us.
If you have uploaded your data and have gathered all the required documents please make an appointment with someone from our staff. You must have handed over the required documents within 2 weeks after uploading your data to the OPUS-server. Until the receiving of your documents the uploaded data is stored in a nonpublic intermediate storage. If the documents are not handed to us within the deadline your data is deleted from the intermediate storage. If the documents were passed to us within the deadline you will receive a publishing certificate. This certificate is to be given to the dean’s office in order to receive your PhD certificate.
Information sheet - Publishing thesis