- Lehrstuhl für Allgemeine Psychologie (3) (remove)
- A Questionnaire to Assess Affective and Cognitive Empathy in Children (2010)
- Empathy measures that involve both cognitive and affective aspects of empathy are scarce. The aim of the work presented in this paper was to develop an instrument for the assessment of both aspects of dispositional empathy in children aged eight to fourteen, based on a variety of existing measures and results from the validation of a first preliminary version.
- Concepts and Evaluation of Psychological Models of Empathy (2009)
- This paper provides an overview over contemporary empathy research, including concepts and definitions as well as descriptions of empathic processes and outcomes. Based on these theoretical foundations, three different approaches to model empathy are described: a low-level computational approach, an OCC-based approach, and an empathy model inspired by PSI, a general psychological theory of psychic functioning. Ideas on how these models could be implemented in agents are discussed and preliminary efforts to evaluate the plausibility and believability of the empathic processes and outcomes are drafted.