- no (40) (remove)
- Lehrstuhl für Vergleichende Politikwissenschaft (40) (remove)
- Stellenwert-Indikatoren für Politikfelder in der Aufbauorganisation von Ministerialverwaltungen (2013)
- International Organizations as Drivers of Telecommunications Liberalization in Eastern Europe, in Northern Europe - and in the Whole World? (2014)
- Parties and Party Systems (2014)
- This contribution to a major handbook of comparative sociology presents an overview of research on political parties and party systems.
- Political Parties and Legislators (2014)
- Saalfeld and Strøm (Chapter 18) show that legislative parties are not only virtually ubiquitous, but also highly institutionalized, typically having well-developed structures of leadership as well as specialization. The authors review various explanations of political parties, including functional theories as well as the explanations based on the incentives of individual legislators. They also discuss challenges to such theories like the influential work of Keith Krehbiel on U.S. Congressional parties. Saalfeld and Strøm argue that it is meaningful to differentiate between various degrees of partyness among parties, and even among coalitions of parties, and review the institutional sources of variations in partyness, including the agenda control available to party leaders and the rewards and sanctions they control.
- Introduction (2014)
- Detailed introduction to the Oxford Handbook of Legislative Studies
- "Coalition Theory" (2011)
- Coalition Governance under Chancellor Merkel's Grand Coalition: A Comparison of the Cabinets Merkel I and Merkel II (2010)
- Handelsdaten werden zu Bildern, und Bilder lernen laufen : Bamberger Politikwissenschaftler veranschaulichen die Globalisierung in Filmen (2011)
- A contagious concept: Explaining the spread of privatization in the telecommunications sector (2011)